The home, built in 1955, is set on a cobblestone street in a once suburban district of the city, on a 7,217-square-foot plot of ground (2,200 sq m). Barragan used the space to build a family home with a garden. The house has six bedrooms and six bathrooms.
Barragan was a prominent Mexican painter who worked in Mexico City. He died in 1978 at the age of 54. His wife's name is also remembered as an artist.
They had three children together; two daughters and a son. The family lived in this house until 1980 when Miguel Angel was appointed director of the Museo de Arte Moderno (Museum of Modern Art) in Mexico City. He was responsible for organizing its first retrospective exhibition of his own work. In 1984, he became one of the founders of the Sala de la Plástica Mexicana (Hall of Mexican Plastic Arts), which is part of the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (National University of Mexico).
Miguel Angel Barragan's career as an artist was very successful; he exhibited worldwide and won many awards. But he still found time to be a good father and husband; he was passionate about these things. He spent much of his time in Mexico City but also traveled extensively throughout Europe and North America.
The 10,823-square-foot property, which was completed in 1988, has an open floor plan and has been completely refurbished. The wide property is both big and friendly, with a courtyard filled with healthy and lovely greenery, and hardwood flooring throughout the interiors. The living area contains comfy seating as well as a rug. A glass door leads from the room to the veranda.
Usher's home was designed by William Wittman Jr. and is located in a gated community in Palm Beach, Florida. The property features six bedrooms and seven bathrooms.
In addition to his home in Florida, Usher also owns a mansion in Manhattan Beach, California. The 9,908-square-foot property was also completed in 1988 and has 11 beds and 12 baths. It was also designed by William Wittman Jr. and cost $3.5 million to build.
Usher's family estate is not your typical mega mansion. Instead, it is more of a small house with huge rooms. However, it does have its own private beach and offers a lot of space for the ushers to live out their rich lifestyle.
Bertelsmann AG, a German media company, bought the Usher mansion in 2004 for $12.9 million. It is estimated to be worth around $15.5 million now.
According to Steve Escalante, Growth Luxury Homes' business development director, building on the Gruden home began in August and will be completed by next summer. It has two storeys, 8,000 square feet, and a six-car garage. It's on a high ground with no neighbors on one side. The price tag is set at $5 million.
Gruden was one of the most successful coaches in NFL history, winning two Super Bowls with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He's now getting ready to take over as coach of the Oakland Raiders. While in Tampa, he built his family a 6,500-square-foot mansion with six bedrooms and 10 bathrooms. They say this is just part of what he'll be spending if he gets hired by the Raiders.
Oakland has been looking for a new head coach since their previous one was fired last year. Gruden is expected to be hired soon after the season starts in September. In other news, Jon's wife Cindy owns a company called World Cup Sports which sells soccer equipment and apparel. And she also writes children's books about animals such as whales and dolphins. Their first book came out in 2001 and so far, she has written four others.
Cindy and Jon Gruden have three kids together: Josh, Jessica, and Tyler. Josh plays football at Florida State while Jessica goes to college nearby at USC. Young Tyler wants to be a baseball player like his dad.
26.387 square feet The historic home had 26,387 square feet in total, including the attic, main and second levels, and basement. The entire historic space is 33,619 square feet, with subsequent additions of an enclosed breezeway, indoor pool, and squash court.
It has been reported that the house was at one time the largest single-family home in America.
Now it is the third largest private residence in Houston after re-development. It takes up about half a city block and contains 50 rooms and 51 bathrooms. There are also three kitchens, ten living rooms, six dens, and two playhouses.
Reynolds married his first wife, Elizabeth Hancock Reynolds, in 1831. She was a daughter of John Hancocke and Mary Ann Clark Hancocke. Together they had seven children. In 1842, when Reynolds was 30 years old, he left Mississippi to move to Texas. He arrived in Austin on March 2, 1842, and soon after began building his house. He named it "Rough House" because it was mostly built out of local lumber. In 1845, after marrying Nancy Wilson Cary, she took charge of selling off parts of Rough House. The couple had four children together - Nancy, Elizabeth, John, and Henry. In 1852, after finishing work on his new house, Reynolds moved back into Rough House.
6,800 square feet of space The two-and-a-half-story urban dwelling has a basement level (which originally housed the kitchen, storage, work space, and possibly a sleeping area for the enslaved people owned by Isaiah Davenport), a first floor containing public areas, a second floor containing bedrooms, bathrooms, and a third level with a mezzanine level, and a fourth level with a mezzanine level.
The Davenports were one of the largest slave-holding families in Rockfish County, Virginia. They had large estates along the James River that produced sugar, cotton, and tobacco. Enslaved people worked the land and lived in small shacks on the estate grounds.
Today, the Davenport House Museum contains many original features including wide-boarded floors, paneling, and wainscoting, as well as ceiling beams that continue up into the attic space. Other features include pocket doors, chandeliers, and marble fireplaces.
The Davenport House was built between 1835 and 1840 by Isaiah Davenport, a wealthy planter and slave trader. It is believed that this was also when the family hired its first black servant. The house was used as a residence until about 1910 when it became a hotel. In 1920, it was acquired by the local historical society who have restored it to look like it did when it was first built.
The Davenport House is open daily from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; admission is free.